Monday, March 23, 2015

3/23/15 by Ashley Fernandez

Hello, my name is regret….
Hello, my name is defeat….
These are the voices, these are the lies
,
And I have believed them, for the very last time
CHORUS:
Hello, my name is child of the one true King

I've been saved, I've been changed, and I have been set free

"Amazing Grace" is the song I sing

Hello, my name is child of the one true King.

I love this Matthew West song and every time I hear it I sing loudly that I am a child of the one true King.  But not before I have to stop and listen to the lyrics that remind me that I believe that I am broken, I have regret and I have been defeated.  These are the things that Satan wants us to believe.  And we believe it! 
When will we stop believing the lies and listen to our Father? 
Think about the blind man that Jesus healed.  (John 9: 1-17)  He did nothing to deserve the grace that Jesus lavished upon him, he only believed that Jesus could heal.  And Jesus did!  So many did not believe it.  They saw but still did not believe.  Is this how we are living out our daily lives?  Knowing that Jesus wants us to accept His grace, knowing that He is the one true King, but not believing?  Listening to the lies that we are not good enough, not   deserving enough?  How much will it take for us to believe that Jesus, our One True King, is for us and not against us?

My prayer today is that we live accepting Jesus’ grace, not believing the lies that Satan is telling us.  Let us be like the blind man, all trusting and knowing that we are children of the One True King!

No comments:

Post a Comment